Want to eat some healthy veggies with your next omelet? Spread a few tablespoons of our Fresh’nFree Vegetable Bolognese over the egg layer as it cooks in the pan. Yummy!
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Fresh’nFree Vegetable Bolognese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsle
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Beat together the eggs, water, cheese, (if using) salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl until well blended.
2. Heat the butter or oil in a small non-stick omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, tilting the pan to coat the bottom.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan; it will start to set immediately.
4. In 1 to 2 minutes, when the top surface of the eggs is thickened, spoon the Fresh’nFree Vegetable Bolognese onto one side of the omelet; sprinkle the parsley over the sauce.
5. Using a broad metal spatula, fold the omelet in half over the filling. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and cook about 1 minute more or until the filling is warm and the egg is fully set.
6. Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve immediately.